KidZilla is an initiative which aims at educating school children about the basics of Computers, Internet and other similar stuff, in a fun and interactive manner. This is also mainly concentrated on small schools with lesser facilities. The scope of this could be extended by forming Webmaker School Clubs.
- Computer & Internet
- Explaining the basic components of a Computer,how they work, basics of Internet, how to access the internet and how the internet is built.
- Explain the various networks and their differences and how computers are connected in a network
- Paper Prototyping and logo designing
-Designing a basic webpage on paper by the students.
-For younger students, they can design the logos of different products of Mozilla.
- Hands on session
Allow students to learn about the simplicity of coding by allowing them to practice designing web pages.
- Webmaker School Clubs.
- Since Kidzilla is a one day program its not possible for the students to understand in a single day that's where webmaker school club comes into the picture!
- Use of technology in academics
- New Practical approaches on the web
- Importance of Open Source and Open Web
- Web literacy and thereby safety
Assessment and review
The conceptual knowledge and understanding gained post the event.
- Webmaker Club. Interest shown be the students and teachers could be a deciding factor to start a Webmaker School Club
- Sharing. Publishing/Sharing on social networking site as well as event reports by the webmaker club in-charges
- Understanding the topics
- Practical Approach
- Eagerness to know
- Area of interest
- Possibilities of starting and sustaining a club